Netgear Genie App
Today, smart phones are becoming first choice of user for managing their home networks. Netgear Genie App is on such application that can be used to manage the Netgear routers not only from the network location but any remote location across the world. Simply download the Netgear Genie App for your smart phone and access your Netgear home network for very basic to high level configurations.
- Control the Home Network using Single Window Interface.
- Easy Parental Controls for Home Network.
- Connect the Smart Phone to Home Networks using the Scan of QR Code.
- Simply Add or Remove the Devices from the Home Network.
- Change the Maximum Transfer Unit Size for your Home Network.
- Easily Add the Devices to the DMZ Server.
- Easily Check the IP Address for the Devices Connected.
- Play the Media Files Like Songs from Any Location Across the Network.
Netgear Routers that Support Netgear Genie App
Netgear Wireless Routers
- Netgear router r6100
- Netgear router R6200
- Netgear router R6250
- Netgear router R6300
DSL Modem Gateway
- Netgear D6300
- Netgear DGN1000
- Netgear DGN2200v3
- Netgear DGND3700v2
Netgear Centria Routers
- Netgear Centria WNDR4500
- Netgear Centria WNDR4300
- Netgear Centria WNDR4000
- Netgear Centria WNDR3800
- Netgear Centria WNR612v2
Changing the MTU Size using Netgear Genie App Interface
MTU or Maximum Transmission Unit is the maximum size of data packet can be transmitted over network. Using the Netgear Genie App interface, you can easily change the maximum transmission size for the home network. Here we are explaining the steps for changing the MTU.
- Open the web browser and fill the login address 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Press the enter key and fill the login details for successful login.
- The default user name is “admin” and default password is “password”.
- After successful login, go for the “Advance” option.
- Select the “Setup” option and then select option “WAN”.
- Search for the option “MTU”.
- Here you can changes the “MTU” size from 64 to 1500.
- Click on the “Apply” button to save all the settings.
Remove the Wireless Network Profile using Netgear Genie App Interface
Adding and removing the wireless network profiles is very simple using the Netgear genie application interface. Here we are explaining the simple steps for removing the wireless network profile using the Netgear genie app.
- Login to the Netgear Genie App web interface.
- Search for the “WiFi Connection” option.
- Then click on the “Manage” button.
- Simply select the network that you want to remove.
- A pop up window will appear that will ask you about the confirmation.
- Press “Yes” option if you are sure about removing the network.
Netgear Genie App is Fully Companionable with Windows 10
Netgear Genie App fully companionable to work with the window 10. There are some situations when you can receive the messages like “This application is not running or quit running”. Here we are giving some tips you can try to solve such issues.
- After you have downloaded the Netgear Genie App, right click on the .exe record.
- Click on the “Properties” option.
- Go for the “Compatibility” tab.
- Click on the option “Run this system in similarity mode for windows 8 or whatever other perfect version after”.
- Click on the option “alright and introduce the project”.
Are you Netgear router user? If yes, then you know better what features a Netgear router usually has? Netgear router has many amazing & useful features including Netgear Genie. Netgear Genie assists Netgear users in router dashboard which usually gets used to manage, repair & monitor your network. It also…
As technology is making advancement day by day, it makes our daily working easy & simple, on the other hand it also raising alarm for our children’s who spends their most of the time online. They don’t know what is good or bad for them. So, as a parent it…
In a world of Wi-Fi we can do our every task from any place with the help of Wi-Fi connectivity. Nowadays it is very simple & common thing to make any device Wi-Fi accessible. Netgear router genie app is another example of Wi-Fi connectivity that gives feature of accessing your…
As parents you have lots of responsibility towards your children. You can’t keep an eye on their every activity but you can control the way they use internet with the help of Parental control which can be controlled easily with Netgear Router Genie App. Netgear Genie App is one app…
Netgear has mark its name for its quality products such as routers, extenders, DSL/Cable Gateways and many more products all are technologically advanced. What interest more in Netgear products are their features & configuration options. Today we will talk about Netgear Router Genie App which is all in one app…
Have you ever wonders what your children’s are doing on internet when you are not around them. Yes we are sure, you all think about this way a lot. It is not possible to keep checking all the time what they are up to on social networking sites. After all…